[PCNJ-news] PCNJ News & Updates - 2/14/06

pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Mon Feb 13 19:34:25 EST 2006

The Pride Center of New Jersey
News & Updates - February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

To Subscribe/Unsubscribe to our E-News, go to:

See www.pridecenter.org for lot's more group and
activity information!

1. CHILI COOK-OFF FUNDRAISER - Feb 17
2. OOTB! - Feb 17
3. NEW GROUP! OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS
4. PCNJ 4th ANNUAL VALENTINE's DAY GALA - Feb 18
5. CLUBFEST - Apr 8
6. AALLU CONFERENCE - Mar 4-5
7. YOU CAN APPEAR ON LOGO!

1. CHILI COOK-OFF FUNDRAISER - Feb 17
Come Join Tom Savage,
MR. NEW JERSEY LEATHER 2006
For A
CHILI COOKOFF
SUNDAY, FEB. 19th, 4-8 PM at:
CRUISIN'
911 KINGSLEY STREET
ASBURY PARK, NJ 07712
$10 Entrance Fee for Participants
$5 Suggested Donation at the Door
Chili Entries from Leather Title Holders Throughout
The Region...
BID AT THE SILENT AUCTION!!
Come join your fellow community members for some COLD
BEER, WARM CHILI, and HOT LEATHER MEN & WOMEN for a
GREAT TIME!!
Prizes Awarded for Several Categories...
Entries Must Be Registered by:
Friday, February 17, 2006
To register your entry, e-mail:
mrnjleather2006 at yahoo.com
SPONSORED BY CRUISIN' & DRAGONSLAIR PRODUCTIONS
All Proceeds to Benefit:
THE PRIDE CENTER OF NEW JERSEY, INC.
Tom Savage
Mr. New Jersey Leather 2006

2. OOTB! - Feb 17
HAPPY FEBRUARY, Out of the Boxers!!!!
It's that time again: one week to go!
So, come one and come all to
OUT OF THE BOX
the open mic poets, musicians, ranters, story-tellers,
fibbers, rhymers, rhythmers, jugglers, mimes,
anything-goes-ers, and listeners alike
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17th at 8:00 pm
at the PRIDE CENTER of NJ
Featured Performer:
Athena Reich, NYC’s anarcho-feminist cabaret/punk/pop
star

a delightful buffet of bravado and bliss
” Don’t
miss her and the folks on the open-mic who are sure to
come on by and share more of their hearts and minds
and dreams! (www.athenareich.com).
OUT OF THE BOX
open-mic at the Pride Center of New Jersey
listeners and sharers alike welcome.
held at the PRIDE CENTER OF NEW JERSEY
1048 Livingston Avenue, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
(look for the pink awning'd buildling)
$5 suggested donation/ $3 for students
free low-octane beverages and light gnosh served
info on how this open-mic works.... doors open around
7:45 pm. folks come on by and sign up on the list as
they arrive. every effort is made to make sure
everyone who signs up will be given time up on the mic
to share. priority is given to those who get there
earlier, but if there's room, we'll fit everyone in,
if possible. count on having around 5-6 minutes if
there are lots of folks (15 or more), and up to 8 if
there aren't. if you have a piece that is more than 6
minutes, check in with either Pandora or Stephen and
we'll figure something out!
at 8:00 pm we begin (or thereabouts) and folks who
signed up are called up to share. around 9:00 the
featured artist for the evening takes the stage for
20-30 minutes. afterwards, we continue with the
open-mic list.
if you have questions or have a lot to set-up, please
contact us:
pandora (host) at pandorascooter at aol.com
stephen (host) at outoftheboxinfo at optonline.net

for directions (only!) call 732-846-2232 (the pride
center)
Hope to see you this FRIDAY!

3. NEW GROUP! OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS
Overeater's Anonymous: Mondays, 7:30pm. A program of
recovery for compulsive overeaters using the 12 Steps
and 12 Traditions. Although the only requirement for
membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively,
there will be a GLBT special focus. For more
information, please contact Mark D. at 973-879-3038.

4. PCNJ 4th ANNUAL VALENTINE's DAY GALA - Feb 18

PCNJ 4th Annual Valentine's Dance
Saturday, February 18
7pm - 12 midnight
Doors open at 6:30p
Location: The Holiday Inn
360 Forsgate Drive
Monroe Township NJ
Phone: 609-655-4775

Cost: Members - $48 per person
Non-members - $55 per person

Please make check payable to PCNJ and mail to:
Laura Fragapane
20B Ashley Road
Whiting NJ 08759
Payment must be made in advance!

Schedule: 7 - 8pm hors d'oevres poolside.
Dinner buffet begins 8pm with cash bar, live music and
door prizes.

Back by popular demand. Cosmic Entertainment.

Room rates: $95 plus tax includes breakfast for two in
the morning. Call hotel directly and ask for Pride
Center rate.

Any questions, contact Laura at 732-350-9509

5. CLUBFEST - Apr 8
CLUBFEST IS BACK THIS SPRING!
April 8th
8-midnight
Entertainment by Josh Zuckerman & Music By Nicol
Food, Desserts, Cash Bar.
Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Basketball, Volleyball,
Racquetball
Entry: $20.00 for members $25.00 for non members.
Vendors can display tables will ($50.00)

6. AALLU CONFERENCE - Mar 4-5
African Asian Latina Lesbians United

Proudly Presents
.

9th Annual
Eastern Regional Womyn of Colour Conference
Shaping & Defining Your Future:
Personally, Physically, and Politically
Saturday & Sunday, March 4 - 5, 2006
Rutgers University, Newark NJ
This two-day conference will provide enlightening
workshops that will address our intellectual,
emotional, and spiritual being. It will focus on the
uniqueness of our diversity as well as our individual
strengths. The days will include several empowering
workshops addressing these topics of interest and
concerns for womyn, as well as entertainment, arts and
so much more.

The conference is being planned by several womyn of
colour organizations and individuals who contribute
greatly to the l/g/b/t/i community. Some of the
invited organizations consist of:
Audre Lorde Project (ALP)
Liberation in Truth Unity Fellowship Church
Metropolitan Community Church of Christ the Liberator
New Jersey Pride Center
Sable Magazine
South Asian Lesbians and Gay Assoc. (SALGA)

South Jersey Lesbians of Colour (SJLOC)

Workshop topics will include sex and sexuality,
spirituality, labor issues, legal concerns, racism or
sexism among women, bi-cultural relationships,
community violence, mental and physical health & well
being, parenting/adoption/family issues, finance and
real estate.
Each registered participant will receive free valuable
give-a ways just for attending this event. Complete
hot gourmet breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Advance Registration: $75.00 if purchased before
1/31/06
$95.00 after 1/31/06
NO ON SITE REGISTRATION ALLOWED
Interpreters will be available upon request
For hotel accommodations contact the Hampton Inn &
Suites 973 483 1900 ask for the AALLU Conference Rate
- Space is Limited!
Vendors Welcomed! Contact Marybeth at 973 783 - 6788
or marybethboger at hotmail.com
Volunteers Needed! Contact Burley at 917 837 - 3775 or
Burley.Tuggle at mdrc.org
For more information contact us at 732 679 - 7687 or
e-mail at tyaalu at yahoo.com
Visit http://www.celebratesisterhood.org/ for more
info

7. YOU CAN APPEAR ON LOGO!
An Award-Winning Documentary Film Company is taking
submissions from people who are interested in having
their personal coming out experience captured on
camera, allowing us to give voice to the complexities,
conflicts and joys of coming out.
Coming out is a never-ending, lifelong process that
people of all ages experience. We would like to focus
on how people at various stages in life handle a
journey toward coming out.
For example, are you visiting your hometown, or
bringing your partner to a family function? Are you
moving in to a new neighborhood, traveling to a high
school reunion or simply, is there someone in your
life that you haven’t been able to come out to? We’d
like to hear your story

If you're planning to come out soon to a significant
person(s) in your life and would like to share your
experience on TV, please contact us via e-mail at
comingout at mtvn.com
Write to us and tell us a little about yourself and
who you plan on coming out to. Be sure to include
your:
Name
Where you live
Your phone number and e-mail
To who and how you plan on coming
A photo of yourself
You must be at least 21 years old to participate.

The LOGO Team
comingout at mtvn.com