[PCNJ-news] PCNJ News & Updates - 11/30/06

PCNJ News pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Wed Nov 29 20:23:32 EST 2006

PRIDE CENTER OF NEW JERSEY
News & Updates - 11/30/06

Visit www.pridecenter.org for details on many groups
and organizations, making your membership / donation
or volunteering!

New volunteers are needed now for a variety of
positions including weeknight shifts! Call or e-mail
now!

1. WOMEN'S COFFEE HOUSE - Dec 2
2. NEW GROUP - 2nd Tuesdays
3. MEN'S MOVIE NIGHT - Dec 9
4. OUT OF THE BOX - Dec 15
5. TUESDAY SOCIALS - Dec 12
6. AALLU 10th ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE

1. WOMEN'S COFFEE HOUSE - Dec 2
A great monthy women's event! This month featuring
Kate Sawicki, singer/songwriter. 7 PM at the Pride
Center!

2. NEW GROUP - Dec 12
Polyamory Support Group : GLBT friendly. Provides an
open, supportive, and confidential environment to
discuss issues, problems, joys, and triumphs
associated with polyamorous relationships of all
types. Meets 2nd Tuesday at 7:00pm.

3. MEN'S MOVIE NIGHT - Dec 9
come by the Pride Center at 7 PM for the monthly Men's
Movie Night - it's always a fun night!

4. OUT OF THE BOX - Dec 15
The Pride Center's monthly Open-Mic Series, Out of The
Box, presents Lotsix: a one person Multimedia
Performance Art Rock Show. This is an open-mic series
for all performers. 8:00 pm to 10:30 pm. $5 suggested
donation ($3 students). light gnosh & beverages
served.

5. TUESDAY SOCIALS - Nov 28
Stop by the Pride Center on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 8
PM for our twice a month social - refreshments and
conversation!

6. AALLU 10th ANNIVERSARY CONFERENCE
AALLU Proudly Presents
.
10th Anniversary
Eastern Regional Womyn of Colour Conference
"Celebrating Sisterhood!"
Saturday & Sunday, March 3 - 4, 2007
Rutgers University, Newark NJ
We are pleased to invite you to celebrate our 10th
Anniversary. For the past 9 years we have offered
empowerment and enlightenment to thousands of womyn.
This year will be no exception. Our two-day conference
will provide thought provoking workshops that will
address our intellectual, emotional, and spiritual
being. It will focus on the uniqueness of our
diversity as well as our individual strengths. The
days will include several empowering workshops
addressing these topics of interest and concerns for
womyn, as well as entertainment, arts and so much
more.

Workshop topics will include sex and sexuality,
spirituality, labor issues, legal concerns, racism or
sexism among women, bi-cultural relationships,
community violence, mental and physical health & well
being, parenting/adoption/family issues, finance and
real estate. For the first time ever we will be
offering an L/B/G/T/I/Q womyn of colour film festival.

Each registered participant will receive free valuable
give-a ways just for attending this event. Complete
hot gourmet breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Advance Registration: $100.00 10/1/06 - 12/31/06
$125.00 as of January 1, 2007
Interpreters will be available upon request
For hotel accommodations contact the Hampton Inn &
Suites 973 483 1900 ask for the AALLU Conference Rate
- Space is Limited! Vendors Welcomed!
Contact Marybeth Boger at 716 536 1037 or
marybethboger at hotmail.com
Volunteers Welcomed!
Contact Stephaine Wooten at 856 465 6186 or
MzWooten29 at yahoo.com
For more information contact us at 732 679 - 7687 or
e-mail at info at celebratesisterhood.org
www.celebratesisterhood.org