PCNJ E-News July 25, 2010

PCNJ News pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Sun Jul 25 20:46:01 EDT 2010

The
PRIDE CENTER OF NEW JERSEY

E-News

321 Raritan
Avenue     Highland Park, New Jersey

July 26, 2010

Visit http://www.pridecenter.org
for much more information on

events, groups, volunteer opportunities and
membership!

True Selves Summer Picnic

Men's Mixer and BBQ

This Week at The Pride
Center of NJ

True Selves Summer Picnic

 SUMMER PICNIC INVITE FROM TRUE SELVES

THE TRUE SELVES SUMMER PICNIC GATHERING IS COMING
UP ON SATURDAY, JULY 31!!

Bring your friends from
other Trans or GLBT groups, family and partners.  Our space is good for up
to 100

PLACE:  Donaldson Park, Grove 4, Highland Park,
NJ

TIME: SATURDAY, JULY 31.  You can take 2nd or 3rd
Ave. South, off of Raritan Ave. and it will lead you directly into the
park. (See the attached map)
COST: $4.00

START TIME:
Arrive at Grove #4 between 11:00 and 12:00
noon, or earlier if you plan to cook or warm anything on the available charcoal
grilles. We are only allowed to use charcoal, no propane.
Note: There are
plenty of grilles but they will need cleaning before use.
END
TIME:
Park Rules and Regs. allow us to use the space until sundown,
when the park closes.

WHAT TO BRING:
FOOD: email me for suggestions:
kaywhitefield at yahoo.com
GAMES:
 If you have any of these games please bring them along:
VOLLEYBALL!
BADMINTON !, FRISBY!
GROVE #4 CONTAINS: Charcoal grilles, Picnic Tables,
Trash Barrels and a nearby water source.
EVENT CONTACT: Kate
Whitefield
Please email me with your RSVP and any questions at:
kaywhitefield at yahoo.com
An RSVP is
certainly not necessary and just showing up is fine (with food!!!), but it would
help with the planning.

 Men's Mixer and BBQ
   Sunday, Sept. 12, is the date for a
Men's Mixer and BBQ at Babbage Park in North Brunswick, sponsored by
the Men's Guild of the Pride Center of New Jersey.  The event is from
2-5 p.m., rain or shine, at Babbage Park which is at Laurel Place off
Georges Road.
    Cost is $25 for Pride Center members and $30 for
non-members, payable in advance.  Advance registration is required and
attendance is limited to the first 75 paid registrants.  The menu will
include hamburgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, corn on the cob, potato
and pasta salads, cole slaw, watermelon, and iced tea and lemonade.
There will also be games and prizes.
    For more info about the event, call 732-819-7772.  Additional details, and a link to pay via PayPal, will be available later this summer on the group's website at www.pridecenter.org

This Week at The Pride Center of NJJuly 26 •  7:30 pm

-8:30 pm

:
Overeaters Anonymous [Rm4]

July 26 •

8:30 pm

-9:30 pm

:
Meditation Group [Rm1]
July 27 •

8:00 pm

-10:00 pm

:
Lesbians & Gay Men of New Brunswick & Highland Park [Rm4]
July 28 •

7:30 pm

-9:00 pm

: