[Slowhand] Administrivia: Changes

David Hillman hillman at planet-torque.com
Thu Oct 2 15:05:41 EDT 2003

   In case you haven't noticed, we've moved to the new List Host.  A brief
summary of changes so far;

* Apparently AOL subscribers, or at least one them, can receive the Digest
now.

* Web-based subscription/unsubscription at;

* Web-based archives at http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/slowhand/ ( I
do not have the archival archives on line there yet, but that will
hopefully be possible. )

* You can now choose to receive the Digest as MIME-encoded, or plain
text.  The latter may not look pretty until I get HTML content-rejection
straightened out, or everyone stops sending HTML in text messages.  You'll
have to get a password to do so, and there are a few other options you
might be interested in at;

Everyone is now receiving plain text by default, since I figure if you
don't know what you want, you probably want plain text.  If you want it
"back the way it was", go to the above URL, set your password, and switch
to MIME.

* The Subject of Digest issues has changed slightly, so if you have a
mail-processing rule looking for it, you should update it.  We may be
stuck back at V1 issue 1, as I don't see anyway to configure that.

* Archive requests via mail, previously the only way to access the
archives, no longer work.

* I've cut the spam I receive by about 95%. ( | )  That's me mooning all
the spammers who send me hundreds of messages day.
"Ican'thearyouIcan'thearyouIcan'thearyou."

   If there's anything about the old Digest that seems to have gone away,
( good or bad ) and isn't mentioned above, feel free to let me know.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 hillman at planet-torque.com