[Slowhand] Blues "essentials"

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Tue Oct 14 13:52:33 EDT 2003

You have to get some BB King in there, "Live at the Regal" is usually quoted as the best electric blues album of all time, although I dont have it myself, Try some of his later stuff as its quite easy to listen to, BB tends to try to keep up with the times, giving modern music a blues perspective, so to my ear, the earlier, 60's & 70's stuff is a little too Jazzy.
Also try Freddie King, the influence on EC is obvious.
            Another track would be to follow back the original artists from "from the Cradle", this should point you in the right direction.