[Slowhand] Predict the Setlist Contest

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Fri Oct 31 09:07:48 EST 2003

I'm announcing a "Predict the Setlist Contest".

EC's tour of Japan kicks-off on 15 November 2003 (just over 2 weeks time).

The prize, to be supplied by me, will be a Double CD-R copy of Legends: "Gods Meeting".

The sound quality is SB6. Musicians are: EC, Steve Gadd, Marcus Miller, Joe Sample and David Sanborn. Recording date: 4 July 1997. Most songs are instrumentals (not reprocessed EC material), but the CDs includes: an inspiring version of "Third Degree" and an acoustic "Layla" to the rhythm of a Bass Clarinet, no less. All in all very unusual and inspiring.

Contest Rules:
1. There will be 5 winners - chosen from the first 5 people who most accurately predict the setlist for the opening night.
2. Anyone with e-mail can enter and should reply by e-mail - one entry only per person, please. Include this subject heading in your reply.
3. Setlists should include between 17 and 21 songs (in no particular order).
4. If you think that a new song will be included in the setlist, then type <New Song>
5. The contest closes on Thursday, 13th November 2003 (so that no one is confused about which time zone the competition is run in).
6. I will collate all entries.
7. Winners will be announced on the Slowhand Digest within a day or three after the opening night, as soon as I hear what songs were played.
8. My judgement of who the winners are is final.
9. I will laugh at gee whiz e-mails and not respond to them.
10. The prize will be posted to the winners on 27 November 2003 and takes about 2 weeks to reach whatever destination in the world.

The intention of the contest is to generate interest in what EC is up to, besides the 101 releases that have popped up this year.

Enjoy - Kevin

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:  http://www.arivia.co.za/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send an eMail to disclaimer at arivia.co.za or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive the disclaimer by return email or fax.