[Slowhand] Gibson Les Pauls

Garret74 at aol.com Garret74 at aol.com
Thu Nov 6 14:53:17 EST 2003

>>>>I've decided that after all these
year's of dreaming I'm gonna buy an LP. I'm tempted
to go really over board and get one of the '59
reissue's, but I'm wondering if it's worth the huge
difference in price from a nice LP studio with a
'burst finish for about 3 grand less.<<<<

I own a 59 reissue Les Paul...Beautiful instrument, unique sunburst. I also
own a 62 Re-issue, Gold top...with single coil pickups...Both great
instruments, a pleasure to play and great investments. I use both on stage.
I don't know what you want the guitar for. Or how good you are. Or how
serious you are. Or how rich you are. Certainly the Les Paul for $3,000 less is
going to be a great guitar. It's the difference between a $20.00 Boudroix and a
$50.00 Boudroix. Both get the job done, it's just what you want out of the
experience.
I also really like Stratocasters...I own 3 EC Signatures (one with the
noiseless pickups) and a 57 reissue and a 56 custom Shop relic. ( it sure beat
paying over $10, 000 for the originals!) I also own a very beautiful Daphne Blue 62
reissue...

I am passionate about guitars and playing them. When I meet a guitar I love,
if I have the money, I buy it...

Garret