[Slowhand] Concert for George

Abt, Grant g.abt at ucsm.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 12:35:11 EST 2003

DeltaNick,

I'd highly recommend that you view the whole Concert for George. Like any
piece of work, the only way to really judge is to see it (or hear it) in
it's entirety. Even if you don't particularly like the recorded versions of
GH's songs, i think this concert is brilliant because the live feelings and
emotions are different and even enhanced because of the artists playing
them, like Billy Preston. Billy adds his always brilliant organ (and vocals)
to the mix and makes songs like Isn't It A Pity really great. Even Ringo
Starr does a great version of Photograph, a song i'd heard before but not
really noticed, until now. While i love EC and think his arrangement of the
concert was a major part of it's success, it was the performances from some
of the lesser known artists that were the real highlights, like Joe Brown.
His ukelele performance of I'll See You In My Dreams, which closes the film,
is a really emotional moment. I hadn't heard this song before but it gaves
me the chills. Watching this film made me go back to GH's masterpiece, All
Things Must Pass and re-acquaint myself with the album.

Go on, give it another try, you know you want to... :-)

Cheers,

Grant.

*****  CONFIDENTIALITY & SECURITY DISCLAIMER  *****
Please note the contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the
policies or views of St Martins College. This e-mail message and any
attachments may contain confidential information and should only be accessed
by the intended recipient. If they have come to you in error please advise
the sender by replying to this email and copy your reply to
postmaster at ucsm.ac.uk. In this circumstance you must not disclose, copy,
distribute, use or rely on this email and you should permanently delete it.
Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in the
knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
It is advised that you understand and observe this lack of security when
emailing us.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and
attachments are free from any virus, we cannot accept responsibility for
email once it has left us. You should ensure that you have a suitable anti
virus system in place and check the email upon receipt.