[Slowhand] Concert for George

Tracy Warner twarner34 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 24 21:26:54 EST 2003

A few ?s and observations:

So who is the guitar player doing most of the slide solos and other George
leads in Concert for George? Marc Mann from the credits? And is the guy with
the blonde, frizzed hair who plays accoustic throughout Albert Lee? If so,
I'm surprised someone of his talent didn't get any leads.

I see from the credits that Eric's early '80s British band is all there --
Brooker, Spinetti, Stainton, Lee, Markee. Did they have a special connection
to George? Figured Tessa and Katie were the backup singers because they sang
the same parts on the Japanese tour.

Great version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Was the bass player with the long gray hair Voorman or Markee?

Dhani looks so much like George....but he looks even more like Stig from the
Rutles.