[Slowhand] Re: The Nothing But The Blues Mystery

daveb daveb at kgatech.com
Mon Dec 1 10:31:26 EST 2003

because they were using archival footage of a lot of artists, some people or
their estates were asking for too much money. This actually sounds more
plausible to me. Are there any other theories out there?

Ken,
	Thought I'd respond just because I happen pull out my VHS tape of
this program this past weekend.  I was getting ready to go jam with some
friends and needed a good primer to get the juices flowing.  I taped it when
it was originally aired and I was thinking, as I was watching it, that I
wished I had it on DVD.  It is a fantastic program with great performances
interwoven with Eric's viewpoints and narration.  It's basically Eric
performing and talking about the music he loves and is his greatest
influence with old footage of those influences.   It is a shame that it is
not readily available because I think it is the perfect portrait of the man
and where his heart is at.  Besides,  He is absolutely scorching hot on some
of the footage here.  Five Long Years is just pure Clapton on fire
completely opened up and pouring out some of the best white hot blues
soloing you've ever heard.
	I would venture to guess that you are correct about the other
estates involved.  Don't know whether it was a money issue, although that is
usually the case.  Hopefully someday they'll resolve the problem and put it
out there for ever fan to own someday in the proper format.
Regards,
Dave B