[Slowhand] To Eric's Record Company - WAKE UP!

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 09:28:09 EST 2003

While Eric may not be lazy, his record company certainly is. I recently
upgraded to a surround-sound theater system at home. Part of that
upgrade was the acquisition of a DVD player that also played SACD and
DVD-Audio discs. My first 3 DVD-Audio purchases were: Reptile, Riding
With The King, and Supernatural. When it comes to "extras", the
difference between the Clapton and Santana discs is striking. On the
Clapton discs you get music (Stereo and Surround-Sound), lyrics,
biography, and some still pictures.........that's it! The Santana disc
has music (Stereo and Surround-Sound), lyrics, still pictures, Web
Content, a few videos, and a "Making of Supernatural" featurette, all in
5.1 Surround Sound!

On subsequent visits to the record store I have checked out other
DVD-Audio and SACD offerings and notice that quite a few have additional
content a la the Santana release. One would hope that the record company
would put a little more effort into its releases by an artist of Eric's
stature. Unfortunately, it seems they are more interested in raking in
the bucks than offering added value........................T
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
Benjamin Franklin