[Slowhand] Blues songs on new album?

Richard Batty rtcb at comcast.net
Mon Dec 8 16:33:35 EST 2003

Given EC’s history of often including a blues cover song or two on his rock
albums, I’m wondering if studio versions of “When You’ve Got A Good Friend”,
“Got My Mojo Working”, “Kind Hearted Woman” and “Bright Lights, Blues City”
might show up on the new album, especially given the news that Jerry Portnoy
is participating in the sessions.

I posted a couple of years ago about which songs EC might have recorded that
did not make it onto From the Cradle.  Given the set lists of the 1993 and
1994 shows, there were more than enough songs to fill out a second album.  I
’d love to see that released.

Richard