[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 1, Issue 75

FERNANDEZ de SOSA Juan Manuel desosa at fiat.com
Wed Dec 10 12:12:40 EST 2003

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:25:30 -0600
From: Jerad Hoff <fubar at visi.com>
Subject: [Slowhand] Eric Clapton: "Blues"
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com

I was browsing the iTunes Music Store and came across an EC album
called "Blues" from 1999 released by Universal. I had not heard of this
album.

There appear to be many retreads from previous compilations, but a few
of these I'm not sure I've seen elsewhere.

Before You Accuse Me (Take a Look at Yourself) [Version 1] 4:41
Mean Old World	3:52	(w/Duane Allman)
Ain't That Lovin You	5:30
The Sky Is Crying	4:01
Cryin'	2:55
Have You Ever Loved a Woman	6:54 (Dominos
Alberta	2:50
Early in the Morning	7:57
Give Me Strength	2:54
Meet Me (Down at the Bottom)	6:59
County Jail Blues	3:59
Floating Bridge	6:35
Blow Wind Blow	3:00
To Make Somebody Happy	5:14
Before You Accuse Me (Take a Look at Yourself) [Version 2] 4:40
Stormy Monday	12:49
Worried Life Blues	5:57
Have You Ever Loved a Woman	7:46
Wonderful Tonight	6:23
Kind Hearted Woman	5:10
Driftin' Blues	6:57
Crossroads	5:48
Further On Up the Road (Live)	8:32

On Alberta, EC's voice is really tough to listen to.

I'd appreciate some info on this album, is it one to have?

I have bought this double CD some time ago and I'm really happy with it. I
like a lot Disc 2, even if I prefer another versions of some songs (Have you
ever loved a woman, Worried life blues and Before you accuse me). But I like
it enough to buy it again if I lost it. Convinced?

Juanma (from Spain)