[Slowhand] Guitar Player Pool- The Lazy Winner is...

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 11 19:25:07 EST 2003

>Subject: [Slowhand] Y'all going to vote?

>Check out
>http://www.guitarplayer.com/player_survey/

>Dan

Hi Dan,

just visited the link. Of course I can't take this kind of stuff seriously,
but since it's organized to put down that ridicule Rolling "We Broke Cream"
Stones ranking, just for the sake of fun, I decided to vote. Here are my
choices:

Top Ten:

1-Eric Clapton
2-Mark Knopfler
3-Robben Ford
4-Stevie Ray Vaughan
5-Dave Gilmour
6-Jeff Beck
7-Carlos Santana
8-Brian May
9-Warren Haynes
10-Coco Montoya

Young Gun: Jonny Lang
Best Female: Bonnie Raitt
Living Legend: B.B. King
Icon: Robert Johnson

I put the lazy guy on top:-) Maybe he'll be too lazy to climb till the top
of anything by himself, so I gave him a little push up (a sincere choice!).

I would love to know the preferences of other digesteers (besides Clapton,
of course).
I believe DeltaNick would choose Peter Green and Mick Taylor and other
bluesbreakers too...
Joe Lang is for #1-Jeff Beck. My "brother in arms" Andre Salles will choose
Knopfler for sure:-)...

Fabio Dwyer

PS1. Where are B.B.King, Buddy Guy, Duanne Allman, Jimmy Page and Jimi
Hendrix? In my list, between 11th and 15th. There's simply not room enough
for all, and my choices are based on players who, in the past (half of the
list) and in the present (other half) were/are the most influencial in my
playing and most played in my stereo.

PS2. Come on, people start the flames-hahaha