[Slowhand] EC on New Joe Sample CD or Not

Kevin Wilson kevin.wilson at arivia.co.za
Sun Dec 21 15:16:10 EST 2003

On 28 May 2003, the following was posted to the Digest: "Yesterday my friend gave me a pre-release copy of the upcoming new Joe Sample CD. Eric Clapton is prominently featured on the first two tracks. I do not think the CD was a final mix, the leads were a little low but they sounded good and from what I heard I would definitely recommend the new CD."

I recently sent an e-mail to the poster, but received no response. Was there ever a 2003 Joe Sample solo release? (I know about The Crusaders' Rural Renewal.)

Joe Sample also toured South Africa and was accompanied by local (South African) musicians, around September 2003. In interviews there was no mention of a new solo album nor of the recent Crusaders release (as a matter of fact).

So then, it seems the poster listened to Rural Renewal. The description of the songs is consistent with Eric's contributions.

Kevin

NOTICE: Please note that this eMail, and the contents thereof, is subject to the standard arivia.kom email disclaimer which may be found at:  http://www.arivia.co.za/disclaimer.htm.  If you cannot access the disclaimer through the URL attached, and you wish to receive a copy thereof, please send an eMail to disclaimer at arivia.co.za or call (011) 233-0800. You will receive the disclaimer by return email or fax.