[Slowhand] Re: Debate

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sun Dec 28 10:57:19 EST 2003

>>> Nile asked him why he didn't play like that anymore and Eric replied
that he'd already done that and didn't want to do it anymore.<<<

>> Miles Davis said he would rather play bad music than play the same thing
twice. <<

Well then, why "Wonderful Tonight," "Lay Down Sally," etc., etc?

I believe that this Nile Rogers thing is probably an apocryphal tale.
Clapton does NOT play the same way, and in certain, technique-type ways,
cannot play the same way as he once did. His fingering of certain figures
and phrases is so completely changed; hammer-ons, bends, vibrato, etc.
However, these are just signatures, and not the substance of my argument.

                DeltaNick