[Slowhand] Re: an unexceptional British blues-rock band

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 11:08:45 EST 2003

>> And to add insult to injury, on Dec. 30, NPR's All Things Considered ran
a story by Tom Moon called "Warner Music's Sale Ends An Era," a decent
report for the most part, but I have to differ with his description of the
pre-Nicks Fleetwood Mac as "an unexceptional British blues-rock band." <<

What do you expect from "taxpayer-funded" radio?

I would disagree as well. But I'm guessing that in the mind of this
unexceptional reporter (moonlighting for NPR), Peter Green didn't play Jimmy
Page-type Led Zeppelin heavy metal riffs.

However in 1969 -- while still a blues band -- Fleetwood Mac outsold the
Beatles and the Stones in the UK. Unexceptional?

                DeltaNick