[Slowhand] RE: unexceptional British blues-rock

Noah Seidenberg n.seidenberg at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 17:34:37 EST 2003

What a joke! The Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac is a showcase of British
Blues. With tunes like Black Magic Woman, Oh Well, Albatross, Green
Manalishi and my all time favorite, "Man Of The World" how can you deny that
Peter Green was a pioneer or that Fleetwood Mac was "unexceptional" is way
off. I wonder how many people think "Black Magic Woman" is a Santana tune?
Unfortunately most Americans associate Fleetwood Mac with Stevie Nicks. I
admit I like some of the Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham stuff but it is
not Blues or even anything like the original FM.

I really recommend the 3 Fleetwood Mac commercial releases "Live At The
Boston Tea Party" If you want to hear what I am talking about.

Delta Nick and Slowhanders, Happy New Year.

Thanks for another year of great digest reading and all that good stuff.

Noah