[Slowhand] Tampa Review

Mark Deavult mark at inna.net
Thu Jun 17 06:24:23 EDT 2004

Hey Y'all ... Carol in Tampa has had problems posting to the SD and asked me
to forward this review.  Is there still a way to post from the web to the
SD?

----------
Exactly one week after the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup, we all
were there in the same arena watching Eric and trying to decide what was
more exciting!

Here's the setlist....
1. Let It Rain
2. Hootchie Cootchie Man
3. Walk Out in the Rain
4. I Wanna Little Girl (at the end of this, he was emphasising the final
notes and dang near sent his mic flying across the stage - he and Nathan got
a good chuckle over that)
5. Shot the Sheriff
(acoustic - everyone sat down)
6. Me and the Devil
7. Hot Tamales and Red Hots
(changed guitars)
8. Milk Cow Blues
9. Possession over Judgement Day
10. Kind Hearted Woman
(changed guitars and stood up)
11. Got to Get Better
12. HYELAW
13.Badge
14. WT
15. Layla
16. Cocaine
(encore)
17. SOYL
18. Mojo - Robert Randolph came out for this.  He and EC traded licks and
looked to be having a great time.

The show started exactly at 7:30 with Eric taking the stage at 8:30 and
played with hardly any pauses til 10:30.  Eric never introduced the band.
Billy Preston wasn't there even tho the article in the St. Pete Times said
he was!  One of the thumbs-up he did while leaving the stage was to me - I
was jumping around with a little sign wishing Julie Rose a Happy Birthday.
I had to sneak my way close to the stage there at the end - the Aisle Nazis
at the venue busted you if you got 6 inches from your seats.

Eric looks great - healthy and happy.  Hope everyone else enjoys the shows
as much as I did.....

Carol in Tampa
---------

*Carol is not responsible for anything below this line*

EC versus the Tampa Bay Lightning: in the arena, full size, hands down, the
Lightning win.

But if it comes to foosball ... EC would wipe them all out and be the
undisputed World Champion!

Cheers,
Mark