[Slowhand] Re: Atlanta

Christy Moore cwmoore at united.net
Mon Jun 21 12:02:47 EDT 2004

I'm in total agreement with Norm, WOW!  This was my 6th EC concert and IM=
HO,
the best so far.  From the minute he walked onstage he was on fire and so
was the crowd!  I was lucky enough to have floor seats and we only sat do=
wn
for about 20 minutes of the entire show, mainly during the RJ set.  I got
the feeling not many people around us had heard them and many took that t=
ime
to make beer runs and chat amongst themselves.  I had to really bite my
tongue and hold my glare!  I've decided, I really don't like seeing EC at
venues that sell beer, makes the crowd way too obnoxious.  One guy that
really got me was some idiot a few rows ahead of us that kept standing up
and toasting Eric with his beer!  Are there really people in the world th=
at
don't know about his sobriety??  Amazing.  Security was tight and every b=
ag
and pocket was checked. I thought surely I was about to lose my disposabl=
camera I had tucked into a side pocket of my purse but they missed it!  I=
'm
sure the shots I got won't be worth showing except as a memoir of the
concert for myself.  Billy was missed, he really adds so much to Eric's
music.  I didn't read about his hospitilization until yesterday.  Get wel=
soon, Billy!  My favorite songs: I Shot the Sheriff, Let it Rain, Walk Ou=
in the Rain and Milk Cow Blues.  Of course, it was all GOOD!  I also agre=
with Norm, that I wish they would drop SOYL, WT and Cocaine.  WT just mak=
es
my skin crawl, especially when the moniters show all the drunk middle age=
people dancing together!  Blech!  I am middle aged myself, it's not the a=
ge,
it's just that it is creepy looking, IMHO!  Thanks for a wonderful show,
Eric and company!  If anyone got this show on audio, please, please conta=
ct
me! I would love to have this.=0D
=0D
Christy=20