[Slowhand] DC show pathetic crowd

dhkessler at comcast.net dhkessler at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 06:18:45 EDT 2004

If you are interested in in going for the music rather than being seen, talking election politics on cell phones, making beer runs, and incessantly talking about clothes and shopping throughout the concert--take a pass on future  DC shows and go to Madison Square Garden where people know and respect the artist, the music and the other concert goers because the DC crowd does not.

Our highlight of the evening was Robert Randolph. They were on before EC and before the crowd came.  Energetic, tight playing and everyone on stage was having fun and a great time especially when they rotated  instruments. Steel pedal was great.  Definitely a must see group.

Back on message, it is a different show than 1998  or 2001 tours.  Doyle taking more leads than Andy did, EC playing with quiet passion and totally absorbed in the music but blazing on HEYLAW and Layla.

The best were: HEYLAW, Layla, Walk out in the Rain and I shot the Sherrif.  Crowd talked all through the RJ set even through a lively Red Hot.  In fact the only time there was any respect for EC and the music was during WT which sent some of them swooning.

Now going to try to get tix for the garden  with 3 shows should be doable and a much better concert experience than DC