[Slowhand] Crowds

Steve Proctor slowhand at salisbury.net
Wed Jun 23 08:02:06 EDT 2004

My take on the Greenville crowd was different.  From my seat, they were the most enthusiastic audience I've ever seen at a Clapton concert.  They sprang to their feet with every guitar solo and EC responded by giving them what they wanted.  I felt that SOYL was omitted because the regular set ran over.

In Atlanta, I worried that I would be in the county jail before the night was over.  I could barely suppress the urge to choke the obnoxious drunk behind me singing along with "Have You Ever Loved A Woman."  He seemed to be doing this to impress the woman with him.  Does it really impress a woman to serenade her if you don't know the words to the song and instead make noises like a bleating goat?

Both concerts were fantastic.  I agree with the reviews already posted.  I think I will have to see at least one more concert!

I have Atlanta pictures which will be posted to www.slowhand.net very soon.  My Dallas pictures are already there.