[Slowhand] The Blackie era

a linden roante04 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 28 07:03:10 EDT 2004

Hi all,
Just a small and definately personal opinion on EC's
Blackie era. While there's lots of EC stuff I don't
listen much between 1974 and 1983, I think that 491
Ocean Boulevard is a great and meaningful Clapton
album. Crossroads 2 has lots of nice music from EC's
booze era and Blackie was the main guitar, when he
returned to more guitar oriented music of Money and
Cigarettes and Behind the Sun, although he used also
the HOLY Les Pauls for a time in 1984.

I think of EC as a musician and not as the guitarhero
of the Bluesbreakers and Cream. I think those years
are a bit overpraised and EC is nowadays a much better
and mature musician. The Blackie era was long and has
definately contributed a lot to the man we can
nowadays enjoy performing at the top of his art.

Cheers
Ande