[Slowhand] still don't like Doyle

Robert bluez4u2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 19:05:03 EDT 2004

Perhaps it was not his fault. You said the sound was not
that great. Perhaps the sound guys like Doyle and crank up
his volume or perhaps they are trying to coax Eric into
playing louder. I think a lot of long time Eric fans are
getting defensive with Doyle onstage with Eric. Especially
since Doyle is getting a lot of free reign from Eric to
solo. I do have to say that Doyle really has not cut loose,
like he's capable of, because it's Eric's show. Eric will
never play like Doyle and Doyle will never play like Eric.
They are pretty unique and great in their own right.