[Slowhand] Writing ability

Kelly Murphy brucespringsteenfan at semo.net
Thu Jul 22 17:17:43 EDT 2004

Someone at a Pearl Jam board I post at just said:

"Lyrically and musically the man is awesome"

This was in reference to Eric of course.

Now usually I don't hear anything said about Eric's writing
ability.

This was my reply to him:

"So very true.  Glad to hear you say that.  Most people overlook his
lyrical prowess I think.  I mean he's no Dylan, but he's still above
average especially when he really needs to say something to, basically,
comfort himself."

I guess what I mean with that last line is that it seems he may do his best
writing when in some kind of turmoil.  Whether losing his son or in love
with a married woman.  Then again I guess most writers do there best when
in some kind of jam or sparked by something.  Still it seems especially so
with Eric.  Anyway, I think he's a very good songwriter and people don't
realize
that.

I was wondering what everyone here thinks?

--Kelly