[Slowhand] FW: Nick @ Birchmere

Fri Jul 23 14:19:11 EDT 2004

I just picked this up from the Nick Lowe list, & seems appropriate to many
of the shows being reviewed just now.

My own fave from April's show @ Newcastle was the hard-of-thinking woman
who, filled with beer courtesy of her hard-of-thinking husband (oh look:
EC's doing a Dominos tune for the first time in 34 years - I'll go for the
beer"), decided to wait through all the clapping & stage resetting until the
lights went DOWN for the encore before going to jetison the ale - naturally
she was back soon - I guess there wasn't much of a queue :)

Cheers,
Bob