[Slowhand] Background tunes

Phil Jones pjones at doodlesite.com
Mon Jul 26 12:18:12 EDT 2004

Jeff Wrote :

>Has anybody noticed the background music on the sound system before the shows?
>The sound man keeps it at sufficiently low volume to make it hard to identify,
>but it sounded to me like it must be new EC recordings from the upcoming album.
>I'm pretty sure I heard a remake of a Behind the Sun tune, See What Love Can Do,
>as well as some blues numbers that EC hasn't released before.
>The vocals sounded grittier than other recordings, and the sound overall had a harder edge.  What do you all think?

Yes - I thought exactly that at the Birmingham UK/Royal Albert Hall shows.  A long-time friend of mine (Simon) also on the list also thought this when I gave him the heads-up to listen carefully.

I was wondering if See What Love Can Do was the original Jerry Lynn Williams version, sounded like EC though.  Saying that, a lot of the other songs sounded very much like EC new material or out-takes.  I tried listening out for lyrics and the only one I can remember was "One love lost is another man's gain".

Anyone else have comments on this as I know Simon mentioned it on-list back during the UK leg of the tour.  But there seemed to be an errie silence when he did.  Now that EC is travelling a bit, and people know to listen, maybe we'll have some comments/views on it.

What do you reckon somone can tap the sound-man up for the tape ;-)