[Slowhand] Re: Steely Dan - Chain Lightning

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 05:24:15 EDT 2004

>> Does anyone else think the guitar in Steely Dan's song "Chain Lightning"
sound very close to Clapton's style? Already checked the credits - It's not
him. This is a cool song though. Yes, I know this is not the Steely Dan
Journal, but I was just was wondering if anyone else thought this while
listening to it. <<

George Carlin has waxed poetically regarding Steely Dan and Steely Dan fans.
Although I've never been a Steely Dan fan, I've NEVER confused them (it?)
with Eric Clapton. However, I often think that Steely Dan and Dire Straits
sound suspiciously alike.

                DeltaNick