[Slowhand] Seattle Post-Show ...

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 17:14:22 EDT 2004

I heard from a friend who was backstage at the Seattle show, and when they went into EC's dressing room after the band had left, in the corner was a sheet of paper with EC's handwriting on it, not his usual neat script but written as if he was slightly annoyed.  It was written on the back of a printout of the Slowhand Digest, and along with it was a setlist, but on the front "Kindhearted Woman Blues" was scratched out with an arrow pointing to the other sheet, and there my friend saw what appeared to be new song lyrics!  The writing was hard to read but this is what it seems to say:

(Slow Blues - in A)

I play in Seattle
Where it always is rain
I play in Seattle
Where it always is rain
Poor Don Won' come an' see me
All he do is com-plain

"Sunshine" bores him,
and he don't like "Let it Rain"
"Sunshine" bores him,
and he don't like "Let it Rain"

I would play "Layla"
But it would drive him insane

He say I washed up,
He say I look tired and old
He say I washed up,
He say I look tired and old,
But when I bend my six strings,
They pay me in gold

His boy don't like me neither
I don't give a crap
His boy don't like me neither
I don't give a crap
They can just stay at home
and maybe listen to Rap

Things ain't really so bad
I got two kids and a lovely wife
I said things ain't so bad,
got two kids and a lovely wife,
If Don don't wanna come see me,
He can go and get a life ...

[play torrid guitar solo here and really leave their jaws hanging open]

---------

I haven't ever heard EC play this one before, can anyone at the show confirm he used these lyrics?  Maybe this is one for the new album, I don't know!

Cheers,
The Almighty