[Slowhand] RE: Offering Crossroads Festival Sunday EC's gig

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 08:40:06 EDT 2004

As someone who has regularly offered freebies to fellow Slowhanders,
without restriction, it disturbs me when people who have benefited from
my offers, and probably those of other US Slowhanders as well, place
geographic restrictions on their offers.

I send out all my offers "letter rate". This eliminates the need for
customs forms. When I was in Spain (also a member of the EU) in June, I
mailed back some "purchases" for myself. Although I was asked to
complete customs forms, I insisted that I wanted to mail my padded
envelopes "letter rate". When they looked it up, they saw that there was
NO requirement for customs forms for items mailed letter rate.  I relay
this incident because I believe it should be the same across all EU
nations. Even if it is not, I regularly receive packages from European
trading partners that have customs forms and they tell me it poses no
problems in the mailing of CDs to trading partners.

As for myself, let me say that if any Slowhander makes a freebie offer
and places geographic limitations on it, PLEASE DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING
TO ANY OFFER OF MINE. I'M MAKING A LIST AND CHECKING IT TWICE.

forwarded message below