[Slowhand] Customs regulations

ollio ollio at mbnet.fi
Sat Jul 31 03:48:01 EDT 2004

Hi all,
Somebody called ToeKneeF seemed very disturbed because my offer of Crossroads festival recording was for EU slowhanders only.
I didn't want to hurt anybody by this, it's just because I don't want to get in serious trouble with these offers. Only a couple of months ago a Finnish trader of live recordings was fined 50 000 euros just for distributing illegitimate recordings (Morrisette, Dylan etc.). This action was a result of normal customs checks of mail and internet sites. The mails inside EU are treated the same way as mails inside my home country.
So I just want to stay outside the jail with these modest offers.

I'm sorry I benefitted from ToeKneeF's unselfish offer and ended up doing him so wrong. This will never happen again.
And of course, if somebody here on SD has the same unreasonably self-righteous way of thinking as ToeKneeF PLEASE DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING
TO ANY OFFER OF MINE. I'M MAKING A LIST AND CHECKING IT TWICE  :*)

Cheers and keep on growin'

Olli

"""
ToeKneeF wrote in his great and revealing message:::
"""As someone who has regularly offered freebies to fellow Slowhanders,
without restriction, it disturbs me when people who have benefited from
my offers, and probably those of other US Slowhanders as well, place
geographic restrictions on their offers.....

As for myself, let me say that if any Slowhander makes a freebie offer
and places geographic limitations on it, PLEASE DON'T BOTHER RESPONDING
TO ANY OFFER OF MINE. I'M MAKING A LIST AND CHECKING IT TWICE.""""