[Slowhand] Re: Doyle holding back?

Robert bluez4u2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 21:51:41 EDT 2004

Doyle is definately holding back, but it's not because he's
afraid of showing up Eric. I believe Doyle has a lot of
respect for Eric and it's Eric's show. I believe anybody
else would afford the same respect to Eric. Eric has done
likewise when playing in a supporting role to others. It's
just common courtesy.
I've seen Doyle play many times over the past 13 or so
years and I know what he is capable of and he definately
has not shown it while playing with Eric.
I actually think that Doyle was at his most creative and
fiery with his guitar playing when he was on heroin. lol
He was not afraid of experimenting and just going all out.
Reminded me of a mix of Hendrix and SRV with Doyle's own
unique raw sound.

--- slowhand-request at planet-torque.com wrote:
> ATTACHMENT part 3.4 message/rfc822
> From: Chris Daniels <chrisd at hickorytech.net>

Anyway, he doesn't follow EC much, but has seen him 6 times
in the pastwith me.  He thought Doyle was holding back with
his guitar playing asto not show up EC.  Could be, does
anyone have any thoughts on thatobservation?

Chris