[Slowhand] Re: 31

Eric Lacroix eric.lacroix at free.fr
Mon Aug 2 11:46:59 EDT 2004

Dave Dell:

Almighty Geetarz wrote :
> It's rock and roll, not chamber music!

Well, after the 2004 Paris show of I was about to let you know two
complains, but I didn't. Plus, I was not in good health this night so it
didn't help to enjoy the show.

First, it was about chating at the concert. Like many of you, I can't
understand why people that spend 50 euros or more for a concert keeps on
talking. Maybe they don't like EC's music ? And I was upset when they
started chating at the beginning of the Sheriff solo.

Second, the volume problem. Not really about the volume itself in fact.
And I was pretty far form the stage. The problem is the man at the
soundboard. I think he sets every channel in the red. The voices and
instruments were overdriven. The voices were not clean, bass was muddy
and so on. Even if Bercy is not the best place for concert, I
experienced far most better sound during the NBTB tour.

And the best sound I've had was at the RAH in 1996. Pure quality.

I also experienced the problem of saturated PA in small clubs. Sound
Engineers might have all become deaf !

Hopefully, thanks to the tapers of the 2004 Paris show I won't consider
it as a 'bad' show. I was close to be disapointed.

Eric.