[Slowhand] intellectual thinking and spelling

K S backlezz at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 19:10:00 EDT 2004

DeltaNick writes: "On the other hand, what I think should concern us all
much more than
nearly-meaningless concepts of "being stuck" and "growth" is this: I have
often wondered why some people have no facility for thinking: critical
analysis. It seems that some couldn't figure their way out of a paper bag if
their lives depended on it (...) Nobody's perfect, but really, how much does
it take to proofread an e-mail, or is this too great an intellectual
effort?"

-Does it ruin your day when you read an email with a couple of mistakes? Are
you near the point of throwing the computer out of the window when you see
an argument that doesn't fullfill your 'standards of thinking'?

I believe that this list is worth reading because it brings up a lot of
interesting discussions and facts about the great Eric Clapton. I'd rather
see a post with wrong spelling and with lack of waterproof analysis from
time to time, than no post at all. Not that I believe that DeltaNick has
frightened anyone away, with this post being evidence of that:) But the
focus is EC and related stuff, right? We should stick to that. Just my point
of view.

Cheers