[Slowhand] Re: Re: Audio CD copying on Mac OS X

DOB dob1977 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 5 12:08:55 EDT 2004

I have the same iMac for 2 years now - have prolly close to 1000 bootlegs and have used iTunes to burn everyone of them.  I never adjust the volume or eq for it does not effect the burned cd.

Under preferences, you can choose to encode the files as AIFF, AAC, WAV, MP3 and can designate what type of file you want when you burn a cd and at what speed and quality.

You can also choose to have iTunes catalog and categorize each album you rip into iTunes, that avoids different versions or any duplicate files.

A couple of clicks solves most of the problems you have listed so that you don't have to repeat the process every time.

My personal experience with iTunes has been nothing short of awesome.