[Slowhand] 'nuff said

John Mills turbineltd at btconnect.com
Fri Aug 6 12:48:26 EDT 2004

Mark, thanks for taking my outrageous remarks in the spirit intended; there
was a little devil sitting on my shoulder whilst I wrote that.
Thanks also to Sol for warning me of your un-matched prowess; if it comes to
it I might need him for my Second.
Regarding my abilities, as someone once said, "He knows all the right notes,
just plays them in the wrong order"
Truthfully, I'm as musical as a dead stoat, so it wouldn't be spectator
sport.
Instead of us fighting, how about we appoint musical champions; of course we
will then be fighting over who gets EC as their champion.

Regarding the serious issues:

[1] Broadband
I didn't realise that US broadband uptake/availability was that poor, the
upside is that its got to get better in a little while.

[2] Dwindling Bandwidth
It would appear that we have passed the zenith of public broadcast fidelity,
(that's the peak DN and we're not talking stewardtits here). As if to rub
salt into the wounds, a freak storm broke my antenna mast on Tuesday and the
casualty was the large FM array, so no more quality audio!

[3] Copying
There are always those that will burn indelicately and are unlikely to read
a FAQ, but the bit torrent distribution encourages the best copies to be
circulated, both closest to the master recording and in the quality of the
transfer/rip. Near instantaneous feedback ensures that bum seeds get fixed.

[4] Region Specific Offers
Leo, I wasn't having a pop at you; if you remember you told me your story
some six months ago. You had an unpleasant experience that none of us would
wish; it would appear that the Belgian customs are particularly anal.

John
PS: My spelling checker baulked on "stewardtits". How did it fare on yours
DN?