[Slowhand] Bandwidth and VOOM

Steve smevans at tds.net
Sat Aug 7 08:51:01 EDT 2004

"Don't know what it is for most folks - fine I am sure.  It won't "Get
Better For a Little While" for me as I am 14,550 feet (funny how I know
this) from the telephone switch.  Even if DSL were available ... it's out of
range".

I've been in the DSL business for 5 years now.  I sell it every day.  The
technology will travel 18,500 cable feet from the provider's hardware.  If
you have been told you are out of range at 14.5 they are not being truthful
with you...even at the outer end at 18.5 you can still get 256k as a minimum
speed up and down.
Check out www.voom.com to see what is coming in September on Rave HD.  Oh
yes, the John Mayall birthday concert with EC in HI DEF.  If you have a HI
DEF set up at home there is nothing better out there for you than VOOM. The
other Sat. providers only deliver a couple of true HI DEF channels...the
selection of TRUE HI DEF on VOOM will make your head spin.
No, I don't work for VOOM, but I gladly pay my bill to them each month.
Steve in Madison