[Slowhand] Re: EC's blues playing since 1994

Richard Batty rtcb at comcast.net
Mon Aug 9 11:59:54 EDT 2004

Tony,

Have to agree with you on the widely different versions of HYELAW.  I was
searching for the "right" word to describe the 24 Nights version and in
retrospect "lightness' is not it.  I agree with you about the "pain" so
evident in the Dominos Fillmore version.  The 24 Nights version, IMO, does
not have that pain but there's some simplicity that has to do with the
guitar tone and phrasing for me.  Obviously I'm not doing a good job of
putting it in words.  All I can say is that I really do love the variety in
the different versions of this song, even if the "pain" factor is not always
intense.

Richard