[Slowhand] Re: EC and Vanity Fair June 2004

Trevor trevork1 at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 10 07:31:33 EDT 2004

Anyone read the June 2004 issue of Vanity Fair, the Proust Questionnaire

page with Eric's answers?  Seems like he is very content.
  His answer for "Which living person do you most despise"?  Rupert
Murdock.

His paper had a field day during the tragedy with Connor. He
sensationalized the story (I'm sure most of the assertions in those
"news" stories were completely made up) and published pictures of
Connors broken body laying on the rooftop

You said it all...
If the reporting was as you claimed..and please don't get me wrong.I am
sure that it may have been, then  this surely explains why EC "hates"
Rupert Murdoch. If the stories were made up, then hey Mr Murdoch you
surely had a responsibility as CEO at the time, to get them checked out
before going to print. Let me say that I never read this report and if
what is reported is fact then it is a really tasteless piece of
reporting and you Mr  Murdoch should have pulled your reporters into
line. (Especially as far as the photos were concerned ., that was
certainly not called for)...We Aussies (Which by the way is the what Mr
Murdoch started off in life as..and some of us are not too proud of
that.. and certainly  not looked on  as one of our shinning
exports..come on in Nicole and Russell.)
. Mr M needs to take a close look at himself.  Freedom of speech!!!.. We
from the land where God goes for his holidays/vacations, really are
better judges of what is right and wrong should disown him as a money
hungry headline grabber, and nothing else. Sorry Mr M but that is my
personal opinion. Freedom of speech again.  BTW, Mr.M has now adopted an
American accent.sort of... Where do his loyalties lie. hopefully not
here in Oz and hopefully for many Americans, not there in the U.S. of A,
if that is the type of reporting he is  still supporting? . A lot of us
do not respect him as an Aussie. he does not represent us anymore..how
about you guys in the U.S?...are you happy to accept him as one of
you?.. I hope not..Hey what exactly is his nationality now?

Enough of this.I have had my say..If that's the way EC feels about this
guy, then it's good enough for me..I gotta respect that... Rest In Peace
Connor.