[Slowhand] "Is Clapton Good and Why He Still Matters"

vdimitroff at ntlworld.com vdimitroff at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 17 15:23:32 EDT 2004

Great article in the August issue of Total Guitar magazine. As usual
around an album/tour there isn't a shortage of material in the media (
almost recent one I haven't read yet is in Acoustic Guitar magazine).

This one, however (in Total Guitar) is really interesting as you may
guess from the roughly paraphrased title (mag not near me as I type).
The question if EC is relevant and important is answered by none other
but the most important names in music, particularly any guitar 'great'
you can think of: from Robert Cray to Steve Vai and from Zakk Wylde to
Pat Metheny. Comparisons with early co-heroes, particularly various
contemporaries' perspectives on EC and Hendrix are discussed - great
reading. There seems to be consensus on the question (does he still
matter) and I think most Slowhanders will like their answers.

http://www.futurenet.com/totalguitar/magazine/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&a
rticleid=31253&subsectionid=1069

Enjoy!

Vlado 'Twelvebar' Dimitroff