[Slowhand] TAO 2 sec gaps and others

Eric Lacroix eric.lacroix at free.fr
Fri Aug 20 08:30:32 EDT 2004

Hi all,

It seems that there's different kind of gaps. TAO gaps is not big deal
concerning quality. Datas are not corrupted. The gaps are between tracks
but no in tracks. It's (only) annoying, because if you want a good
listening quality, you need to rip again the tracks and burn them again
DAO.

Alas, about 2 or 3 months ago I've reveived CDRs (Stone Crazy) with
small gaps in the tracks (at begin and end). These gaps are not related
with TAO burning. I don't even know how to create these gaps !

In conclusion, 2 sec Track At Once gaps is just waist of CDR (2 per show
usually), good for garbage or backup, after having them reburned
properly.

My 2 cents,
Eric.

PS: For the moment, I use Verbatim (tm) cdrs (a Mitsibishi company). It
seems to be good quality to me. But I don't know if this brand is known
outside Europe. On other times I used Philips and TDK's.