[Slowhand] Re : Guidelines (Mel Boss)

Leo Coomans meesaboogie at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 10:48:50 EDT 2004

I'm afraid this won't be over soon.
I'm no evil person, I love to help anyone if I can or
point one out to someone who can if I can't.

But I'm sorry to say it, I've done the test and others
have done it too. Ripping audio-discs without
offset-correction degrades the disc. Period.
Burning without offset-correction does the same and
that's why EAC makes it possible to have corrections
either way you burn with or without EAC. And
unfortunately EAC seems to have some problems when
burning, as many among us discovered. It is the best
software for ripping, but it isn't the best software
for burning.

This being said, I suppose we all have a life outside
trading and no-one wants to blame anyone for having
not enough time to do the things we like.
I think it's about priorities. I wasn't convinced
either a long time ago when a good fellow told me to
use EAC and even how to use it. It took me a whole
weekend to find out, but it was worth it and I never
stopped using it ever since.

Maybe Mel or others among us have a burner that
doesn't need offset-correction (Plextor used to have
this facility). But that doesn't mean your next burner
still won't need it. And besides this, using EAC won't
harm you for it also has error-correction that way no
other ripping-software has; and we all receive
inferior brand of discs don't we?

Hope the temperature won't rise again after this
message and I promise this is my last on this subject
to the list.

Leo.