[Slowhand] Re: CD-R Media

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Fri Aug 20 23:02:06 EDT 2004

When I look at the recording side of a CD-R, I'm talking about its color,
period. The recording side of a CD-R appears gold, gold/silver (light gold),
silver, blue, or green. Get it?

The color may result from one or several factors, but I'm not gonna sit here
and play nerdball games for techie debating points.

I've also seen some CD-Rs in other colors, but I believe these were marketed
in rainbow-colored packages, and I don't think we need to discuss it here.

Now, if anyone wants to discuss the chemical formulae of the dyes, or the
molecular structure of a CD's polycarbonate, go ahead and bore the rest of
us to tears: this is an Eric Clapton discussion list.

                DeltaNick