[Slowhand] Re: EAC

Luke Pacholski lukpac at lukpac.org
Sat Aug 21 12:07:08 EDT 2004

DeltaNick, re:

> I'm not the expert on this one, but I distinctly remember discussion here
> regarding non-EAC software leaving off some digits, especially from the
> beginnings of recordings. This doesn't sound "exact" to me. And yes, you can
> watch as EAC goes through its error correction algorithms.

Some software may do that (I don't know), but I've never run into that.
I'd say as long as you have your software configured correctly (this
matters in EAC as well), you're more likely to get an exact copy than not.

Keep in mind *all* drives will have issues with a few samples at the start
and/or end of the CD. EAC can try to compensate for this (offset
correction), but even it isn't perfect, and it seems few people know about
or bother with it anyway.

Luke