[Slowhand] GET YER SWAMP MEAT HERE

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 13:07:16 EDT 2004

I'd like to thank everyone for contributing to the recent discussions about creating quality recordings - both pro and con. It's been interesting seeing all the different viewpoints.

One very clear fact has emerged from both the public as well as the many private emails I have received on this subject: there are two very seperate groups of people, the first composed of those who really don't have much interest in taping/trading/collecting and as such think discussions about this are best not posted on the SD, and a second group of those who are more into the music and as such do have concerns about quality.

It's become very clear that there are a number of people who do NOT like the many offers being posted on the SD.

Accordingly, I have formed a new mailing list solely for those whose primary interest is in quality recordings (trading/weeds/vines/B&P/discussion).  Members will be able to read and post either through email or web-based systems.  From what I have seen, this will also help the many people who have difficulty receiving and/or posting to the SD (like me).  This list will be moderated, and there will be a focus on quality.  Newbies and the burnerless are also welcome and will as always be a part of most offers.  The only requirements for joining are a love of good music, and the willingness to take the time and effort to produce quality copies if one desires to participate in the distribution chain.

You can check the group homepage at:

Feel free to let your friends and trading buddies know about this, since so many either receive the SD unreliably or not at all.

One last thing - I did have to resist a mighty urge to name the group "Swamp Meat" but then again this would I think go over the heads of about 95% of the people so I didn't.  But I'm not averse to changing it to that <g>

I am sure we will all continue to frequent the SD .. personally, it's my favorite place on the web and I feel at home here.  But hopefully this will move the "Swamp Meat" traffic off and hopefully keep BOTH groups of fans happier in the long run.

See you there!
The Almighty