[Slowhand] Song for next tour

John Kearsey jkearsey at telus.net
Tue Aug 24 20:41:46 EDT 2004

I don't have a full set, just one song request.  I can remember my
fascination with EC started in high school when a friend loaned me whatever
greatest hits tape was released in the '80s.  The last song on the tape was
what I considered to be the coolest, best definition of what a rock'n'roll
guitar god should be all about.  Remember, I was in high school.  I think it
was more the lyrics of "I've Got a Rock N' Roll Heart" pulled me in.  But as
I listen to it again, there are some good opportunities for screaming
performances in there, plus some organ potential if Billy would so choose.
A simple song, perhaps, with meaning for me, and potential to raise the
crowd to it's feet.  Good potential if it ever came to an official farewell
tour.

Besides, this one song took me down the Clapton road, through Wembley and
the Albert Hall, where I stumbled onto B.B. King, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow,
among others (oh yes, and the Slowhand Digest!).  It remains a request from
me.

Cheers,

John

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!