[Slowhand] Re: Sessions

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 06:51:02 EDT 2004

>> Can anyone post a review or two of EC's recent guest appearances?

My .02 - the Hornsby and Wilson albums are worthy in their own right, and having
EC on there is nothing but an added bonus!  The Wilson track is a real shocker, it's
more "Journeyman" era Eric than anything else and not what I expected to hear on
that album - a pleasant surprise.

Don't have the others yet but I'm inclined to purchase the Toots next time I hit Amazon.
The day before the EC and Friends show at MSG in 1999 I went to Philly to see the
J.Geils band (great show!) and Toots was the opening act, really nice stuff and a good
time.

Was there ever a verdict on the EC Hendrix session?  Some folks posted that EC's
contribution was recorded back when the first one came out and just now released, and
others posted that it was a new performance - any consensus on this?

(and sorry Eric L. - I didn't quote the entire Digest for you! <g>)