[Slowhand] Re: Surround

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 07:33:34 EDT 2004

>>   Does anyone know if reprise or polydor plans on releasing any more
>> clapton on dvd audio?  I just got riding with the king and it's great in
>> surround sound.  I think Reptile is the only other one available at the
>> moment.

I dunno about DVD-A, but there are a couple older releases out in DTS-Surround.

You can get these from DTS website:

 http://www.dtsonline.com/

And you can also find purchase information here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000007R1A/103-8786600-1715063?v=glance

http://www.dtsentertainment.com/sellsheet-md.php?upc=710215442426

Can anyone shed light on whether or not these were released as Quad albums
back "in the day"? Looking over the DTS catalog it seems at first glance to be a
situation where the available titles are those that originally had Quad mixes, so
they are simply taking the Quad masters and encoding to DTS, not creating all new
mixes.

But if it takes off, I am sure the labels would pursue it!