[Slowhand] New Bootleg Release AGAIN

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 20:54:42 EDT 2004

It seems that there are still folks out there who have not received FREE copies of the
3BR "Bluesbreaking!" release, which has gone on to be released as the pressed
bootleg "Primal Seed".  The same recording has been released yet again under a
different title according to information received this week, as follows:

-------
JOHN MAYALL & ERIC CLAPTON - Blues Breaking
Discs: 1CD
Source Label: Paddington Records
John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton! BBC Radio tracks 1965/66
plus Immediate Records Sessions May/June 1965. Live at the Flamingo Club in
London 11/28/65 plus rare single release. Ltd. Japanese edition 1/300.
Extremely rare release. Superb production with incredible packaging.
Price: $40US
-------

I am told that the artwork states “Paddington Records, under the permission from 3BR
Records.” In fact, it says “Special thanks to 3BR Records,” and even shows the 3BR
logo on both the CD and the artwork!

My friends at 3BR have asked me to pass on the following to SD members:

3BR did not participate in the so-called "Paddington Records" release of

'Bluesbreaking', and, in fact, condemns the sale of this disc.  The original 3BR set

was a trade-only release, and anyone selling and profitting from it is a scumbag.

3BR releases are now, and have always been, free.  We don't participate, or

support, any bootleggers - they're just ripping you off, charging you money for

something that cost them nothing to get.  Paddington simply got a free copy of

what we've been giving away free for years, copied it as well as the photos - and

are happy to charge you to get a copy.  That's the work of scumbag thieves - and

we urge you to avoid them.  Stronger language to follow.

Now ... I can't think of any particular release that's seen wider distribution than this one

on the SD/EC Trading community.  None.  I've sent out dozens of copies and I know

many other SD members have as well.  In addition, several generous SD members have

also posted this on a number of popular file sharing sites and seeded out hundreds, if

not thousands, of copies.  Judging from the number of hits the artwork has received on

the Geetarz site, let's just say the artwork has been d/l .... thousands of times and

leave it at that.

So, in the interest of clarity ... "Bluesbreaking!" the 3BR release has *never* been

available as a pressed CD, and should be freely distributed.  "Primal Seed" is merely

a pressed CD rip-off of this freely available recording.  This newest pressed edition is

again merely a copy of the original CD-R release.  Tell your friends so they don't waste

money on something they already own ... or can get for free!

AG