[Slowhand] Re: Surround

Art Arias artaarias at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 23:02:25 EDT 2004

Luke, thank you for taking the time to explain the
difference between DVD-A & DTS encoded audio discs as
I realise all the DTS copies I own are indeed CD's and
not DVD-A discs as I've always assumed. I must have
gotten that idea since all DTS titles are displayed
together with the DVD-A titles and the packaging is so
similar it's not all that noticable until you listen
to the horrible quad mixes they used for their
surround sound cd's. Both my DVD/CD player and
receiver are DTS decoder capable so it isn't my
equipment. All my DVD-A 5.1 discs sound great
especially the new release of the Who's Live at Isle
of Wight remaster. So, thanks again for the brief
education of this topic, sorry to everyone else for
the bandwith regarding this subject, so I now return
you to the usual rant of what bothering his holy-ness,
Almoody Geetarz, now....

                                     Art Arias

(Mark, still pissed off since I never received that
DTS encoded "Lulu" CDR you promised!)